User experience and information architecture events
I’m one of the organisers of London IA, a network for designers, information architects and thinkers.
Since 2009 we’ve been holding evening events - usually monthly - and I’ve blogged the notes here. We’ve had talks by people like Andy Budd, Giles Colborne, Cennydd Bowles, Claire Rowland, Jason Mesut, Ben Bashford, Chris Heathcote, Dan Lockton, Relly Annett-Baker, Michael Blastland, Margaret Hanley and Richard Rutter amongst others. You can get a Kindle compilation of the blog posts with a foreword by Ann McMeekin Carrier - “London IA: Notes from the talks”
I’m on the organising committee for EuroIA, and have been to several IA Summits in the US. You can find blog posts about those events in the EuroIA and IA Summit category.
You can download all of my EuroIA 2011 Prague blog posts as one printable PDF or for iBooks. There are also lots of posts about EuroIA 2010 in Paris, the 2010 IA Summit in Denver, EuroIA 2008 in Amsterdam , IA Summit 2008 in Miami, EuroIA 2007 in Barcelona.
I’m also interested in the emerging field of content strategy, and have written up several content strategy events that I have attended. All of my notes from the 2011 Content Strategy Forum in London are available as one printable PDF or in epub format for iBooks.
I’ve spoken at many of these events, and some of the talks are available to read on this site:
- EuroIA 2011: “The IA of /Culture”
- Content Strategy Forum 2011: “How the Guardian’s custom CMS & API helped take content strategy to a traditional publisher”
- UPA 2011: “Changing the Guardian through guerilla usability testing”
- EuroIA 2010: “Implementing ‘Identity’ on Guardian.co.uk” - linklog
- EuroIA 2008: “Taking the ‘Ooh’ out of Google: Getting site search right”
- IA Summit 2008: “IA for tiny stuff: Exploring widgets and gadgets”
You can find information on any forthcoming UX or IA talks I’m giving on the talks and presentations page.