8 random facts about me
by Martin Belam, 11 December 2007
I've been tagged by Dan Taylor on Fabric of Folly in an '8 random facts about me' blog chain letter type thing. I thought of just linking through to "5 things you probably don't know about me" and adding 3 more, in a Blue Peter here's-one-I-made-earlier style, but that didn't seem to fit the spirit of the thing.
8 random facts about me:
- I owned a terrapin for much of the 80s and all of the 90s, until it went to a reptile refuge.
- In a complete co-incidence, I stopped smoking the same day I met my wife.
- I once walked past Tom Baker on the street and didn't recognise him - my wife had to point my childhood hero out to me.
- One of my bands, The Mark, were victims of Stanley Kubrick impersonator Alan Conway, who pretended he wanted to manage us.
- I've slept overnight in Norwich train station, after going to see a Fields Of The Nephilim gig there.
- My specialist subject at University was the history of The Crusades.
- I've taken part in a magic card-trick on stage, in Paris at the Musée de la Magie, in French.
- I have a TARDIS-shaped phone box.
At this point I am meant to tag 8 other people to do this. I'm not going to name names though, instead, this is a variation on a trick I've picked up from Devious Diva. I'm going to suggest that if, whilst you've been reading this, you started thinking about which 8 facts you would publish if you got tagged, then consider yourself tagged.
Forgive me if I don't bite! Cheers
Damn, someone else got to you first...
I managed it ;-)
Fields Of The Nephilim! now there is a blast from the past. I remember a very long journey home back from London after seeing them at the Astoria.