8 random facts about me
I've been tagged by Dan Taylor on Fabric of Folly in an '8 random facts about me' blog chain letter type thing. I thought of just linking through to "5 things you probably don't know about me" and adding 3 more, in a Blue Peter here's-one-I-made-earlier style, but that didn't seem to fit the spirit of the thing.
8 random facts about me:
- I owned a terrapin for much of the 80s and all of the 90s, until it went to a reptile refuge.
- In a complete co-incidence, I stopped smoking the same day I met my wife.
- I once walked past Tom Baker on the street and didn't recognise him - my wife had to point my childhood hero out to me.
- One of my bands, The Mark, were victims of Stanley Kubrick impersonator Alan Conway, who pretended he wanted to manage us.
- I've slept overnight in Norwich train station, after going to see a Fields Of The Nephilim gig there.
- My specialist subject at University was the history of The Crusades.
- I've taken part in a magic card-trick on stage, in Paris at the Musée de la Magie, in French.
- I have a TARDIS-shaped phone box.
At this point I am meant to tag 8 other people to do this. I'm not going to name names though, instead, this is a variation on a trick I've picked up from Devious Diva. I'm going to suggest that if, whilst you've been reading this, you started thinking about which 8 facts you would publish if you got tagged, then consider yourself tagged.