A day in the life of BBCi Search - part 8
The overall conclusions that I have drawn from this study of one days activity on the BBCi Search service are:
- over 80% of users make unique enquiries
- 2 out of 5 searches are specifically focussed on the UK.
- 1 in 12 searches have incorrect spelling.
- 1 in 5 attempts to use advanced search fail.
- searches on education peak after lunch, on entertainment in the late afternoon, and on information in the evening.
I also believe that without the provision of taxonomical matching of content to keywords, by human intervention, the results served to the users of the site would be poorer.