BBC Pure Soap RIP
So whilst BBC Fantasy Football clings on for its final season last knockings, today the Pure Soap site was dismantled - not so much with a bang, but at least with an amusing slice of self-deprecating humour.
They offered one of the online vote's generated by a system that I look after. I'm glad that I don't have to handle the editorial side of things though, because my knowledge of soap beyond the Sunday morning Hollyoaks omnibus is zilch - the options of what users should do now were:
- Talk soaps at an alternative location bbc.co.uk/drama
- Wander around acting the martyr like Sunita-rella in Corrie
- Roll over and die like Bately in Emmerdale
- Book the axeman in for a trim with Enders' Chrissie 'Scissorhands'
- See if the boss 'comes home early from the party' with Corrie's Dicky
Which was frankly all Greek to me. After its' noon decommision, Pure Soap turned into a flash movie illustrating the smashing up of the site...
...which finished with a page offering the audience alternative refuges, with a nicely prominent link to the BBC News story announcing the site's demise.
...well it all made me laugh anyway.